Leche Flan:::フィリピン風プリン

>> Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I used to make Leche Flan to my husband decorated with fresh young mint leaves when we were still friends. And that’s one of reason he fell in love with me. Hehehhe.. I proved that "The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach".

So, let me share my "Leche Flan" recipe. Actually, my friend, Tet shared this to me. All the ingredients are available in Japan. Its a bit expensive (I think 500yen per small platter ) if you buy the ready made one from a filipino store in Tokyo so I really recommend you to try this!


Leche Flan decorated with gold kiwi and green grapes

作り方(Filipino Leche Flan Recipe)

材料(Ingredients):
1 397g 森永コンデンスミルク Morinaga condensed milk
1 1/2 カップ 牛乳 cups Fresh milk ( I am using the low fat fresh milk )
10 卵黄 egg yolks 
1 小さじイバニラエッセンス tsp vanilla extract

キャラメルのため(For the caramel):
1 カップ砂糖 cup sugar
3/4 カップ水 cup water



作り方(Cooking Instructions):
1. In a saucepan, mix the sugar & water. Bring to a boil for a few minutes until the sugar caramelize.
2. Pour the caramel into aluminum moulds. Spread the caramel on the bottom of the moulds.
3. Mix well the condensed milk, fresh milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum moulds. Fill the moulds to about 2/3 of its height, then cover each moulds with aluminum foil.
5. Steam for about 20-25 minutes. If you have a steam oven , you can set it to a pre-set menu "6pcs chawan Mushi" (in NE-SS30 model, menu #13). In my experience, the later is better and convinient!
6. Let cool, refrigerate then serve. Decorate with fresh mint leaves or fresh fruits on top upon serving.

Originally Posted on my Friendster Blog

1 comments:

Unknown December 13, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Edi.. I like your blog! Of course your food... Will keep reading it! I have so much fun reading your past posted articles.

copyright by La Editha

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP